Monday, June 18, 2012

Dinner by the River

Pin It
Another weekend has flown by too fast!  I hope everyone was able to celebrate with their dad's yesterday for Father's Day!  I made dinner for my dad last night, we had brats, corn on the cob, potato chips and ice cream cones.  My parents just returned from a 10 day trip in Italy, so they were craving something very American ;-)

Here's a fun restaurant review for your Monday:

I was surprised with a wonderful birthday gift from the BF's parents, a gift card to Canoe!  This is one of our favorite Atlanta restaurants.

Canoe is known for their game (rabbit, quail, pheasant) plus they have a garden out back where the grow tons of veggies and herbs which are used in their recipes.

This night we decided to eat by the river.  There is an outdoor bar, bistro tables, and adirondack chairs, we cozied up in the adirondack chairs with a great view of the Chattahoochee River.


I had the white sangria - $6 (with brandy & St. Germain) and the BF had bourbon and ginger - $12.   My sangria was great!  It was so relaxing to enjoy a cocktail by the river, we watched as ducks same by and the sun set. 


The outdoor bar offers a Riverside Menu but you can also get the full restaurant menu as well.  We snacked on salmon chips, chicken nacho flatbread and a warm brie/spinach salad.

For dessert we had mint ice cream (fresh mint from their garden) sandwich with a marshmallow top covered with milk chocolate - it was AMAZING! 


Canoe always impresses me with their unique desserts.  We've had the Valhrona Chocolate with Salted Pretzel - it's served as a chocolate dome that you have to break with the back of your spoon!  And we've had the popcorn flavored ice cream sundae, so good!


What is one of your favorite restaurants?

~Elizabeth

1 comment:

Julia@SouthernColor said...

I didn't know that had an outdoor bar...I want to go next time I'm in town!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...