Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Dates

Pin It
How's everyone's day going? 
I'm a little under the weather with a summer cold, ugh!  I feel better than yesterday, but definitely not back to normal.  And of course I'm at work, I just hate using PTO days when I'm sick.  Sorry to my co-workers ;-) But I don't think I'm contagious!

Here's an easy recipe that is sure to impress!  I first had bacon wrapped dates when I was visiting the BF's parents.  His Mom makes a slightly different version (she stuffs the date with an almond & goat cheese) but that's why this recipe is so great, you can customize it to your tastes and preferences!

What you need:

Fresh Dates
1 pack of Bacon (sliced in half)
4 triangles of Laughing Cow Cheese (swiss)
toothpicks


Start by prepping your Dates.  Remove the pit and slice in half vertically.



Next fill the date with cheese. 


Close up the date and wrap in bacon.  I used 1/2 a piece of bacon for each date.  Secure with a toothpick.


Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 mins (or until the bacon is fully cooked).

Enjoy!! I served these at book club this month!  I got so many compliments, people could not believe that there was a date hidden under the bacon ;-)  I guess it's true, everything tastes better with BACON!

Do you have an easy appetizer recipe?

~Elizabeth

Skip To My Lou "
"






Reasons To Skip The Housework
HookingupwithHoH
The 36th AVENUE

2 comments:

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

I have never had them stuffed with cheese before! I make a version of this but stuffed with almonds and the date stay whole. I will be trying your soon!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

You can use any cheese you want: goat cheese, blue cheese, or a soft cheese spread - they always turn out great!! Thanks for stopping by Tiffany!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...